Wednesday, June 23, 2010

oh the perils of the sewing machine....

she and i have had quite the bought this past week.... and just when i was getting into sewing again she up and quit working on me... my little janome is on the fritz.

so luckily i have two possible backups that i can get running soon...when the funding is there. i found a sweet deal on a singer machine years ago, that is only in need of a foot pedal, and then there is "the beast" of a steel warrior that was my mamaws.... it seems to want to work, but i think it is going to need a good cleaning and oiling after 30+ years in the garage.

the last thing i was able to crank out on my beloved on the fritz machine was a pair of pants for a dear friend.... they are music festival fantastic britches....
anyhoo.. in the meantime of all the 'unable to make anything new for a week or two' business i decided to focus my attention on getting my etsy vintage shop up and running all proper like.... so go take a gander if your heart desires....
i suppose it's okay that the sewing is taking a break for a bit, my afore mentioned babysitting father has developed vertigo so he is out as a sitter for awhile.... and the little lady is still not fond of my machine.
but it gives me time to sort my fabric, work on the vintage store, and watch a multitude of Yo Gabba Gabba (it's the favorite).
til next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment