Tuesday, February 3, 2009

and it all began...

so here we go...i am fairly new to all this business, so just bare with me as i hopefully get better at all of this...

well as long as i can remember i've always enjoyed making things, for myself and for others. i have this horrible little purse i made when i was 8, i still have the thing...its constructed out of the back pocket of some acid wash jeans i must have worn at the time. my mamaw was the recipient of this fanciful bag, apparently she enjoyed it...


and thanks to seventh grade home-ec i got on a giant kick of making rafia baskets out of tissue boxes...a little on the tacky side for sure. but enough of that... when i met my partner in crime, that would be dirty, he encouraged me to get a sewing machine. so thanks to his suggestion and his confidence in my ability to do things im here now sewing like a crazy lady. being one for suggestions, he also got me to tackle knitting, because i tend to mention doing things and sometimes fail to do the majority of them. im almost certain ive been meaning to knit for about 7 years now, and just recently accomplished that one...and im addicted to it now. i guess it has taken me 26 years to finally reach some level of motivation, and it makes me feel like a grown up finally.. that and being married and recently having a child.

i like to think the things i construct now have greatly improved since my dabble with acid wash denim... and i hope that whomever reads this checks out our little production machine at www.sweetanddirtys.etsy.com ... i promise it wont be a waste of your time....

alright enough for this first go at being a blogging powerhouse...

sweet....

No comments:

Post a Comment